James Helle on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:34:09 -0600 (CST)

RE: [eia] a question about trade

I guess I'll weigh in on this discussion now.  I think it is a mistake to
take the different rules and try to apply them all to each other.  I believe
they each reference a different situation.  For example:
    8.2.1.2.1.5 says a major power can conduct no trade if its capitol is
occupied.  This goes for *any* occupier and I don't think it matters that
the occupier is G.B.  I don't think this in itself causes G.B. to roll for
war with America.
    8.2.1.2.2.2.2-8.2.1.2.2.2.2.2 says that if G.B. is at war with a major
power that G.B. may intercept that powers' American trade and gains the
value of that trade.  This *will* cause G.B. to roll for a war with America.
    12.9 says that if peace condition B.6 is imposed on a major power and
halts that major powers' American trade then this *will* cause G.B to roll
for war with America.

    In summary; the occupation of Madrid will not, in my opinion, cause a
war with America.  However, if either of the last two scenarios exist, then
they will result in a roll for war with America.