Everett E. Proctor on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:21:39 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Jumping the Gun

>     I did not go out of turn.

You went out of turn when you went ahead and sent out your economic
phase.  I thought that was why you were complaining about allowing
Prussia to change its orders.

> I went first in the land phase.  After my
> turn was complete, Prussia took its turn (as its part of the combined
> Coalition land phase).

However it should not have.

> As there were errors with those land orders, we
> allowed those to be corrected.  If you look carefully at the Combined
> Movement Sequence outlined in 7.3.8, each major power takes their move in
> turn.  GB took its move, then Prussia took its move (as amended), and now
> Austria still has to take its move.

Thanks for pointing that out and making my point for me. According to
7.3.8.1, the allies must decide who with combined movement will move
first.  I was not allowed
this as Prussia went before the war of E. Milan had even started.

> I'm not sure it's fair to keep going
> back and changing orders forever.

>  At some point, we need to be able to
> trust that the orders that have been sent are the final orders.
>     It seems to me that there was some lack of coordination among the allies
> this turn.  But I would chalk that up to the hazards of Coalition warfare.
> If anyone "jumped the gun" here, it was not France, it was Prussia.
> So I
> don't see why France should be punished for Prussia's mistake (if it was a
> mistake).

How is France being punished?

-Everett