Kyle H on Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:53:39 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Jumping the Gun

    I did not go out of turn.  I went first in the land phase.  After my
turn was complete, Prussia took its turn (as its part of the combined
Coalition land phase).  As there were errors with those land orders, we
allowed those to be corrected.  If you look carefully at the Combined
Movement Sequence outlined in 7.3.8, each major power takes their move in
turn.  GB took its move, then Prussia took its move (as amended), and now
Austria still has to take its move.  I'm not sure it's fair to keep going
back and changing orders forever.  At some point, we need to be able to
trust that the orders that have been sent are the final orders.
    It seems to me that there was some lack of coordination among the allies
this turn.  But I would chalk that up to the hazards of Coalition warfare.
If anyone "jumped the gun" here, it was not France, it was Prussia.
(Apparently Austria is not pleased with the level of coordination that
existed between Austria and Prussia prior to Prussia's land orders.)  So I
don't see why France should be punished for Prussia's mistake (if it was a
mistake).
    I have no trouble being gracious enough to allow a minor re-positioning
of forces, but I think announcing a new attack now is an abuse of the way we
are playing the game.

kdh