Kyle H on 28 Feb 2004 13:57:51 -0000

Re: [eia] Comparing things

    While Mike's email is very measured and reasonable, I can't help but
disagree with the remark below.  And while I should probably just let it
drop since we've all stated our positions clearly, I find that I just can't
help myself.

>  The back of the
> book rule explicitly deals with multi-national forces  and the political
> ramifications of using them.

    Well, the back of the book only deals "explicitly" with multi-national
forces if you are willing to assume that the writer of the back cover forgot
about multi-national forces at the beginning of the sentence (when he writes
"the loser") but then remembered them again by the end of the same sentence
(when he writes "his corps").  And, of course, when he remembered, he didn't
think to go back and correct the beginning of his sentence.

    Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  :-)

kdh