Joel Uckelman on 7 Feb 2004 23:27:31 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish Land Orders (part II, revised), October 1807

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     You can't roll for a siege until all the field battles are over on your
> turn.  Since the field combat phase of your turn (combined
> Austria/Turkey/GB) is not yet completed, you would not have had an
> opportunity yet to roll for a siege.  So I'm not sure where you are coming
> from on that one.
>     You sound a little defensive/sarcastic, and I'm not sure why.  I'm not
> criticizing you or anyone else for that matter.  (After all, you were using
> your unused movement points as usual, so no extra wording would have been
> necessary even if my suggestion had been in force.)  I'm just saying that I
> made a mistaken assumption in this case due to the fact that sometimes some
> people do not announce when they are not using their unused movement points
> for forage.  It would help me to avoid such errors in the future if we were
> all clear about when we are refraining from using unused movement.  (That
> way I don't have to guess whether the forage calculation is wrong or right.)
> That's all.  No offense is intended.
>
> kdh

I wasn't intending sarcasm. The order of battles and sieges slipped my
mind. Usually it doesn't matter for me; I think this is the first time I've
been in a situation in which I could reinforce or besiege with the same
corps.

--
J.