James Helle on 3 Feb 2004 03:10:36 -0000

RE: [eia] battles involving allied garrisons

Here is my opinion:  I personally agree with Kyle that if an ally is not
contributing to the political points up for grabs then they should not reap
the benefits.  However, only the corps on the *losing* side are used to
calculate PP.
    Having said that, 7.5.2.10.1.3., says that the victor (should this also
say victors?) now gains PP and the loser loses them.  This implies to me
that *all* victors involved gain PP and that is my vote.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
J.J. Young
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 5:57 PM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] battles involving allied garrisons

Mike and I seem to agree that yes, an ally with only a garrison involved in
a field or limited field combat should still be included in the PP losses or
gains for the battle.  Kyle disagrees.

All three of us seem to agree that a besieged city garrison should be able
to help a relieving force, whether the garrison's owner has combined
movement with the reliever or not.

So we need some other opinions, especially on point #1, to firm up how we
will handle this sort of thing, which is about to pop up and may very well
happen again.

-JJY