J.J. Young on 25 Jan 2004 04:53:43 -0000

[eia] rule 8.2.1.2.1.5

I'm looking for a clarification of this rule, which states, "A major power may not conduct any trade (except through eligible controlled minor free state ports) if its national capital city is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors.  A major power at war with Great Britain may not conduct any domestic trade."

My question is, does the first part of the rule, regarding capital city occupation, apply to both domestic and American trade ?  The wording seems clear that it does, but this rule is under the heading of domestic trade (8.2.1.2.1).  On the other hand, the second sentence uses the wording "any domestic trade", implying that the earlier use of "all trade" really meant _all_ trade, both domestic and American.

I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page about this before it could come up.

-JJY