James Helle on 6 Jan 2004 03:26:33 -0000

RE: [eia] new PSD

I realize that I'm presently the one holding up the game and I apologize.  I
will get my economic phase sent out tomorrow.  As to stepping up the pace of
the game the best scenario is for each of us to be more diligent in checking
(and responding to!) our emails.  This alone would probably double our
current pace.  I personally attempt to check mine every evening.  Also,
cutting down on mistakes (note to self: do this!) would make things move
much quicker.  We do a lot of backtracking.  I realize that others, like
myself, are still learning the game and mistakes are going to happen.  I
have committed to double checking my orders while waiting on others to send
their's in.  Ok, I'm gettin' off the soapbox now.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kyle H
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 6:27 AM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] new PSD

    Here's the PSD after the 11th economic phase.  Since there are 44
economic phases in the entire game, this is the endpoint of the first
quarter of the game.  This seems like a good moment to take stock of where
we all stand.  In terms of the percentage of victory points needed to win
the game (or end it early), the current leader is Turkey with 27%.  Here is
a list of the current leaders in terms of percentage of victory points
needed.

Turkey  27.2%
Prussia  26.2%
Spain  26.0%
Russia  22.4%
GB  22.1%
Austria 19.94%
France  19.90%

Three countries (Turkey, Prussia, and Spain) are all on pace to end the game
early.  As it turns out, these are also the only three countries on pace to
win the game.  (Russia is very close, though.)  And yes, France is dead
last.  <takes a bow>  It's not easy to lose playing France, but so far I'm
doing a bang-up job!  :-)
    BTW, since we started this game in June of 2002 and we are done with one
quarter of the game at the beginning of 2004, a reasonable estimate of our
ending date would seem to be June of 2008 (i.e., a 6 year game).
Personally, I would prefer to move faster.  If anyone has any ideas about
how we could accomplish this, please feel free to offer them.

kdh