James Helle on 25 Nov 2003 23:42:02 -0000

RE: [eia] access

I agree that the sequence of play, as listed in the rules, does not
designate a time for access to be declared.  However, we had agreed as a
group that this should be treated as a political action.  I think the
combined movement step could be modified to the "Declaration of Combined
Movement/Grant Access Step".

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Kyle H
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 2:25 PM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] access

    Is it important that voluntary access declarations be made
simultaneously?  Or do we just need to know at the beginning of the turn,
before anything else has happened which could affect troop deployments?  I
was assuming the latter.  Since no moves had been taken (and since I had not
yet taken either component of my reinforcement phase), I counted myself as
still being in the Political Phase (or at least being between the Political
Phase and the Reinforcement Phase).
    If we as a group deem that it is important for these announcements to be
made simultaneously, during which step of the Political Phase should these
announcements take place?

kdh