J.J. Young on 23 Nov 2003 18:20:55 -0000

[eia] to backtrack or not to backtrack

We are trying to decide whether or not the British depots in Spain and the Spanish garrison in Gibraltar should have been repatriated, either when the Anglo-Spanish alliance was broken or when the Anglo-Spanish war was declared.

My opinion is that repatriation would not have occurred at either occassion, and so the current situation is correct.  But I have no strong objection to going back to represent that repatriation, if the majority view is that it should have happened on one of those times.

But I need to know where things stand before I can take my reinforcement phase.  Sorry to hold things up.

-JJY