J.J. Young on 14 Sep 2003 17:14:06 -0000

Re: [eia] French land phase, June 1807

> Hesse I (w/Soult):  Frankfurt => Hamburg.  ($2)
> Wurttemburg I:  Mainz => Wesel.  (F/auto)
> Baden I:  Cologne => Wesel.  (F/auto)
> Bavaria I holds at Turin.  (F/auto)

Doesn't the Hesse corps still have 3 movement, because the Kingdom of
Westphalia has not been formed ?  (The same would apply to Wurttemburg,
Baden, and Bavaria corps, for the lack of Confederation of the Rhine,
although it makes no difference for their present orders.)  So the only way
for Soult to reach Hamburg would be to force march at 2- (through a 3 forage
space into a non-friendly area).  So you might want to reconsider your
orders, and the building of the depot at Minden, if that was your only
reason for doing it.

> Piedmont I:  Toulon => Marseilles [absorbs garrison].  (F/auto)

Which garrison do you mean ?  The Marseilles garrison is 1 French militia on
my map.  Did you intend for this corps to move to Montpelier and absorb the
Piedmont garrison there ?

> The Denmark corps must decide whether to retire or fight.  There will be
siege at Bayonne.  (I'll send out siege rolls once I have verification from
JJ that the Denmark corps will retire.)

The Denmark corps retires into the city.

-JJY