Kyle H on 30 Aug 2003 01:20:50 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Naval Phase, 5/07

> Just checking; to do this the Spanish corps already in Naples and the
> Spanish corps being moved into Naples have to add up to 20 or less factors
> (so that they fit in the city, since it's besieged).  Is that the case ?

    Actually, I do not think this is correct.  We recently had occasion to
scrutinize these departure rules very closely.  When we did so, we realized
that the wording of the rule states that the disembarking corps must
disembark into the "port area".  At first Joel thought that phrase meant
that the corps had to disembark outside the city.  Later, I thought we
agreed that the best interpretation of this phrase was that the corps must
disembark somewhere in the area that contains the port.  That is, the
disembarking corps should have the option of disembarking directly into the
city (if it fits) or disembarking directly into the surrounding area.
    Is this understanding correct, or have I misunderstood the consensus
(yet again).

kdh