Joel Uckelman on 29 Aug 2003 13:30:23 -0000

[eia] auto-rejecting posts from nonsubscribers?

I currently have the list configured to hold for approval posts from non-
subscribers (read: spammers). In the past this has worked well with minimal
effort on my part, but this week the list has received an unusual amount of
junk. There were 38 messages awating my approval when I woke up this morning;
I've had roughly the same each day this week. So, unless anyone objects, I'm
going to set the list to automatically reject messages from non-subscribers.
What this would mean for you is that you would no longer be able to rely on my
approving legitimate messages you've sent from other email accounts. This
doesn't happen very often, and you can always 1) subscribe another account,
but turn off mail delivery for it, or 2) ask me to add a secondary address to
the pass filter, so I don't forsee this causing any problems.

Is that ok with everyone?