Kyle H on 19 Aug 2003 18:59:02 -0000

Re: [eia] British land phase, 4/07

> 1 I:  San Sebastian ---> Bordeaux ($2, from S.S.)
>
> Total cost:  $12

    I don't think this is correct.  I think it should cost $3 to feed the
corps at Bordeaux because supply cannot be traced through territories that
contain a garrison.  7.4.2.1.1 ("Corps Depot Supply") says, "The route
through intervening areas traced from a corps to a depot may not be blocked
by forces (same rules as for blocking a supply chaing (see 7.2.3.2.1)."  And
when we refer to that rule, it says, "A 'valid' supply chain is one where
the intervening areas between any of a supply chain's depots are not blocked
by the presence of unbesieged enemy corps, GARRISONS [my emphasis],
guerillas, cossacks and/or freikorps (EXCEPTION: these enemy forces do not
block an area if that area *also* contains an unbesieged friendly corps or
garrison)."
    The upshot is that the path from San Sabastian to Bordeaux is blocked by
the garrison at Bayonne.  So the supply path would be one space longer
because it has to go around Bayonne.  This will cost GB one more dollar for
supply.  (whoop-de-doo!)

kdh