Kyle H on 12 Aug 2003 02:58:22 -0000

Re: [eia] Prussian Economic Phase- Mar '07

    Hi Jim.  I totally forgot that you set your manipulation to +2 in
December.  This means that the PSD I sent out a day or two ago is in error
and I need to fix it.  Unfortunately, though, the victory points step of the
econ phase comes *before* the manipulation step.  So that means you collect
7 victory points this month, and *then* you go up two PP because of
manipulation.  But then you go back down one PP due to drift (i.e.
"Political Status Adjustment").  So you end up in the highest "7" box.  (I
learned this the hard way myself....)

    But here's the important thing:  the effects of manipulation - both the
political effects *and* the money/manpower effects - occur 3 months *after*
the manipulation is announced.  Although you may have done this correctly, I
just want to make sure because below you say in your orders that your money
and manpower costs were "paid" in March.  (Since this is March, you are
paying them now.  So the past tense threw me a bit.)  I just want to make
sure we're completely clear, the +2 political effect *and* the reduced money
& manpower are supposed to happen now, at the end of March.

    BTW, in your economic orders, you did not specify whether you wished to
engage in any manipulation for June.  That is, you have to tell us where
your manipulation is "set" for the next economic phase.

kdh