J.J. Young on 10 Aug 2003 20:57:20 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Economic Phase, 3/07

> F. Political Status Adjustment: -1 to low 8

If I understand the Economic Manipulation rules correctly, both the benefit
and consequence happen the _following_ economic phase.  So for this turn,
the Spanish political marker would be adjusted by -2 PP to the highest 8
box.  During the Manipulation step in June, Spain loses -3 PP and collects
$9 and 4 mp; only in June can this money and manpower be spent.  If somehow
Madrid was occupied by enemy forces in June, neither the extra $/mp, nor the
PP penalty would occur.  I am referencing 8.4.1.

-JJY