Joel Uckelman on 6 Aug 2003 20:06:36 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Land Phase, 2/07

Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> As I recall, corps are frequently referred to as being potentially a part
> of a city garrison and that fact was the main reason why we settled on one
> payment or roll for the entire garrison.
>
> As far as easier goes, if you control the port of a besieged city, all the
> siege really means is you can't go out the gates.  You still have a stable
> line of supply and transport that the besieging army has no control of so
> it doesn't make sense that it should cost anymore to supply a besieged city
> with a good supply line than it would cost to supply any other corps on a
> supply line that has a sea supply section.
>
> Mike

I agree. But the prevailing interpretation seems to be that it would cost
*less* to supply the corps in besieged port by sea supply than it would to
supply an equivalent number of unbesieged corps in the same area as as
depot: $0.5 total, rather than $0.5 per corps.