Kyle H on 11 Jul 2003 16:20:02 -0000

[eia] conquering the Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies

    Hello all.  Yesterday, JJ alerted me to the fact that there may be a disagreement regarding what would happen if Turkey were to conquer Naples.  After consulting 10.4 and 11.7, it is my opinion that if Turkey were to conquer Naples, Turkey would gain control of the entire Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies (both Naples and Sicily).  However, if Spanish troops remain in Palermo unbesieged, then Sicily would revert to Spanish control at the end of the following turn.  (So there would be only one turn during which Sicily was officially under Turkish control.)

    Does anyone disagree with that interpretation?

kdh