James Helle on 24 May 2003 16:05:01 -0000

Re: [eia] French land phase, 3/06

I agree that the minor country corps should receive the +1 bonus as they are an extension of the major power.  I  have been giving the Saxon corps this benefit throughout the entire game.
----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle H
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 4:10 AM
Subject: Re: [eia] French land phase, 3/06

    I did indeed think that was the rule we were operating under, and I have relied on that presumption throughout the entire game.  (The Holland corps has probably benefitted from this assumption the most over the course of the game.)  When I go back to read the relevant rule (7.4.1.2.5), it says: "If the corps did not move into an area outside the major power's territory this Turn and is not now in such an area, '+1' is subtracted from the die roll."  (Awkward wording but I think we all get the idea.)  The antecedent of "the corps" can be found in 7.4.1.2: "When the die is rolled for a foraging corps, the following cumulative modifiers apply..."  In neither of these places do the rules seem to dictate that only major power corps can receive the +1 for being in home territory.  So I think I'm on pretty firm ground here.  Let me know if you disagree (or find something else that I haven't seen).

kdh