Kyle H on 30 Apr 2003 21:30:01 -0000

Re: [eia] more 12.4

    Well, that certainly explains my confusion.  Apparently, you are talking
about corps entering FET who weren't in FET at the time the war ended.  That
is, you are talking about new corps entering the former enemy's territory.
I was not reading the rule that Joel wrote in that way.

The rule we were (are?) discussing had the following wording:  "3. X's units
may enter an area of Y's under the following circumstances..."  I was
reading this as a set of criteria for a corps that is *already in* FET
entering another space within FET.

And what I was saying is that a corps should have the option of how to leave
FET.  So if France had recently concluded a war with Austria and wish to
leave Austrian territory via France's provinces in Italy, they should be
allowed to do so.  Since GB controls the seas, I can see why it would be in
GB's interest to oppose this interpretation, but I think it makes sense.
(Why should a withdrawing army be compelled to go in a certain direction
when leaving FET?  Isn't the important thing that they leave within the time
allowed?)

Anyway, thanks for your response.  It has helped me to see how you were
viewing the language we were talking about.  I hope you are now clear about
how I was looking at it.

kdh