jjy on 29 Apr 2003 18:55:01 -0000

[eia] a try for a simple solution to 12.4

In order to make garrison retrieval simple and possible, without causing a lot
of other unwanted consequences, why not give each garrison in formerly-enemy
territory an "honors of war" at the time peace is made ?  This may bring the
garrison all the way back home, or it may bring them to a formerly-enemy city
which is occupied by a friendly corps.  This corps can then pick up the
garrison, or split off another corps marker to take them in.  Very simple.

I would suggest restricting the honors of war given to garrisons to moving to
friendly cities or cities with friendly corps only, to avoid situations where a
garrison would be stranded if the closest corps is of an ally, with no friendly
corps present.

This done, the rule for corps movement becomes:  a corps in formerly-enemy
territory can only move so as to end its move closer to friendly or allied
territory, or closer to the nearest port for evacuation.

-JJY