Joel Uckelman on 27 Apr 2003 19:12:01 -0000

[eia] rewriting 12.4

Here's an attempt at filling in 12.4. I started by asking myself what
things should be prohibited? Here are a few that I've thought of:

1. Reentering a major's territory after all corps and garrisons have left.
2. Entering a province in a major's territory unless at least one of the
following conditions are met:
     b. Entering the province brings the moving power nearer to one of the
moving power's garrisons.
     c. Entering the province brings the moving power nearer to an area
within the moving power's own territory.
     d. Entering the province brings the moving power nearer to a port.

The motivation for the first one is obvious: If you've already left, it
makes no difference that you beat the 6-month time limit, you can't come
back. The second is to prevent one power from running all over the
territory of another. Each of the three clauses address a legitimate reason
for moving through the territory of a former enemy: you're either marching
away, sailing away, or picking up a garrison.

I think this address the concerns that Mike had. What do you guys think? Is
this enough? Does this have any weird consequences I haven't considered?

--
J.