Kyle H on 27 Apr 2003 17:27:01 -0000

Re: [eia] question about repatriation

    Well, for now, let's just say that the British forces would be repatriated to Sveaborg.  That should end that controversy for the time being.  Then we can work on fixing 12.4 for the future, if people so desire.

kdh
I think if we're going to go through the effort to write new case by case rules for the basic repatriation rules, we should instead finish writing rule 12.4 since that situation would lead to a better result overall.

Barring that willingness to write the mechanical parts of 12.4, I think we should keep the alternative rule simple and stick with closest.  Otherwise we make the force teleportation rule even more improbable than it already is.

On another note, we are going into a period where we may have actual months without major wars going on.  If people do think of good ways to make 12.4 functional, we could put that rule back into place for the next series of conflicts.  Just something to think about before we're about to end a war rather than trying to figure it out at the last minute as has been our normal way of dealing with muddled points.