Kyle H on 9 Apr 2003 01:29:02 -0000

[eia] political points after a battle

    JJ, I thought I was just straightforwardly applying the wording on the
back cover of the rulebook:

"-1/2: (Rounding up to a maximum of '-3'.)  Lost by the loser for each of
his corps participating on a field or limited field combat's losing side
(7.5.2.10.1.3, 7.5.4.2.3.3)."

It did not even occur to me that there was another interpretation.
    EIH uses different wording, so I'm not sure consulting their email group
would be relevant or appropriate.  If you are interested, though, here's
what the EIH rule says:

7.5.2.10.1.3  ... If forces of more than one Major Power are present, the
commander of the victorious side gains any and all political points, while
each Major Power on the losing side loses political points based on the
number of its Corps present.[75]

----

[75] For example: a four Corps Ottoman force defeats a force containing, two
Russian Corps, one Austrian Corps and three Spanish Corps commanded by a
Spanish leader. The Ottomans would gain "+3" political points (six Corps on
the losing side), while Russia would lose "-1" political point, Austria
would lose "-1" political point, and Spain would lose "-2" political points.
If the Ottoman force was defeated, Spain would gain "+2" political points,
while the Ottoman would lose "-2" political points.

Is this the way we want to do things (the EIH way)?  Or should we use JJ's
method (where all combatants on the losing side lose the full amount)?  I'm
happy either way.

kdh