Everett E. Proctor on 30 Mar 2003 12:16:01 -0000

Re: [eia] I still have a problem

Seriously?  Your decision to combine movement changes whether or not
Austria and Prussia have combined movement?  That's fine.  I'm willing to give you last dibs on that call, as long as you are willing to give us a "us too" e-mail.

-Everett

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:54:14 -0600
Michael Gorman <mpgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not entirely comfortable with the us too email, nor am I happy with
> requiring Austria to combine with everyone Prussia combines with in order
> to combine with Prussia.  That Prussia didn't offer to combine with Austria
> and has stated he meant to do that makes the current turn less important to
> me but I very much wanted Prussia and Austria to make their decision
> without knowing if I was combined with France.  If they can alter their
> combined movement phase after knowing mine, then I would want to be able to
> alter mine after they alter theirs which in turn should allow them to alter
> theirs after I alter mine in response to them altering theirs and so
> on.  We can get into an endless recursion of combined movement phases if
> the results of knowing what someone else is doing will alter what you do.
>
> In this turn, if Austria and Prussia are not combined, I want to combine
> with France.  If they are combined, I have to really think about it.  I
> took a shot at hoping Austria wouldn't risk going into instability and
> getting potentially screwed in an economic phase and would wait a turn to
> declare war.  They didn't wait, but their lack of combined movement is very
> important to me.  If they can alter that after declaration, then I want to
> be able to respond to that alteration and cannot really say they can't
> respond in kind.  So, depending on what their plans are, combined movement
> phase will continue forever if we allow changes after revealing declaration.
>
> Mike

Everett E. Proctor <spiritmast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Play Sanctum: Online CCG
http://www.sanctum.nioga.net/