Michael Gorman on 12 Mar 2003 17:58:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Re: reinforcement at Naples

My thought on this is that it shows that we need to be careful of all the little steps we've been glossing by when possible. At the end of the naval battle in the Naples blockade box, Kyle was supposed to be given the option to move his fleet into port or remain in the blockade box. That was a decision that was supposed to be given its brief instant of attention and then passed by. At this point there is no good way to figure out what would have been the decision in the absence of knowing how other events have played out, but it does mean that a step that turns out to be incredibly important was skipped. There is no good solution at this point but it does serve as a warning that all these steps we've decided not to wait for do matter.

Mike