Kyle H on 18 Feb 2003 14:45:01 -0000

[eia] Reinforcement phase rules reminder

    As you are considering your reinforcement orders, keep in mind that
August is the first CAVALRY REINFORCEMENT month.  The cavalry that you
purchased in March MUST be placed in an eligible corps this month.  A corps
is eligible if it is either a) inside the home nation or b) within one space
of a depot that is part of a valid supply chain starting inside the home
nation.  (If you purchased a cavalry factor for a minor country, in order to
be eligible the corps would need to be either in the minor country or within
one space of a depot that is part of a valid supply chain starting in the
minor country.  Don't forget that the contents of minor country corps are
public knowledge in our game.  When factors of any kind are added to a minor
country corps, don't forget to update us.)
    Notice that Prussia currently has no eligible corps.  QUESTION:  Suppose
Prussia purchased a cavalry factor in March.  What would happen to it now
that there is no place to put it?  ANSWER:  There are two possibilities.  If
Prussia was thinking ahead and paid for an extra corps marker in June, then
Prussia could place the new corps marker in a city inside the home nation
and then immediately place his new cavalry factor inside that new corps.
However, if Prussia did not pay for an extra corps marker in June, then it
would be screwed.  Jim's only option at that point would be to convert the
cavalry factor (permanently) into an infantry factor and place it with a
city garrison inside the Prussian home nation.  (That would be a waste of
$12 for each converted cavalry factor.  That hurts no matter who you are!)

Hope this rules reminder helps keep everyone on the same page!

kdh