Kyle H on 24 Dec 2002 17:25:03 -0000

Re: [eia] St. Petersburg siege

> This is different from what we (or at least I) had decided.  I had thought
that
> although both non-combined besiegers would get separate attempts to
breach,
> if/when a breach is made the phasing besieger would only get to use his
own
> forces.  What Ragnar is saying seems to be that both besiegers get
separate
> rolls, and then all of the besieging forces, phasing and non-phasing, get
> participate in the battle.  Is this what we wnat to do ?  This throws the
> advantage firmly to the besieging side in these situations.

    I didn't realize that's what Ragnar was saying, but I guess you're
right.  Personally, I don't think it makes sense.  If GB and Spain get 2
siege attempts, they should not get to combine their forces for each
attempt.  That seems just wrong to me.  If you get twice as many attempts,
each attempt should be made with (roughly) half as much force.  Doesn't that
make sense?

kdh