Joel Uckelman on 22 Dec 2002 00:08:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish Economic Phase, June 1805

Thus spake Michael Gorman:

>          Umm, Turkey has a base income/manpower of $23 and 12 manpower.  It
> should be down $7 and 3 manpower from occupied provincial capitals for a
> taxation base of $16 and a pre-manipulation manpower of 9.

I count my loss at $5/1. At Erzurum, there's only a cossack, and only
factors prevent taxation, so I should be able to collect from Armenia. In
Bessarabia, I see no Russian forces at all. Is there a garrison at Ismail
that I don't have on my map?

> If you included
> Palestine in your base values, and it looks like you did, you should then
> go up to $18 and 11 manpower, 6 after manipulation.  Palestine doesn't give
> double money and manpower as it is not a free state.

I know---I was counting it at face value. What we differ on is whether I
collect taxes and manpower from Armenia and Bessarabia.

>          I also show four Turkish depots on the map that have to be paid
> for in the maintenance phase.

There are no Turkish depots on the map. I removed all four in my land
phase: http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/eia/eia-200212/msg00239.html

--
J.