J.J. Young on 21 Dec 2002 23:30:00 -0000

Re: [eia] Kicking myself

Thanks for being understanding about my mistake, Mike.  Danny is out of touch until the 27th, so unfortunately we won't know the corps identities until then.

OK, so the Russians scuttle the I fleet, dropping -1 PP to the highest "7" box, and Spain goes up by +1 PP for winning the siege battle to the highest "8" box (as I mentioned in my first round of emails).  Does that tally with everyone else's records ?

-JJY
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [eia] Kicking myself

At 05:10 PM 12/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Dammit, this was the worst possible time to have been careless like that reporting the Spanish forces.  Again, I'm sorry.  I hope, however, that everyone can see that this explains all my apparent mistakes in reporting the outcome of the battle.  I'm not so far gone as to have misread the combat tables that badly.

So the Spanish losses are -2 I, since the Russians rolled a 6 on their second roll, and the city falls.

-JJY

        That would explain it.  Did you get the corps identities yet?  Not likely to matter much soon but it lets me put the right markers inthe right places and add cute little text comments to them so I know who is who for a few turns.

        Considering the size of the blockading fleet, I'll just cut to the fleet scuttling rather than feeding you guys more points before doing the same thing.

Mike