Kyle H on 21 Dec 2002 17:26:01 -0000

Re: [eia] dice re-roll policy

Mike wrote:
>  I think it is completely wrong to let someone benefit from an
> error in this manner.  However, as I am the only one who seems to be
> bothered by this, I will surrender to the majority who have voiced an
> opinion and let the Prussian rolls stand.

    Mike, I completely agree with you that no one should be allowed to
benefit from their own error.  And I would absolutely agree that Jim should
re-roll his siege rolls if you could explain to me how Jim has benefitted
from his error in this case.  That is the fundamental point I made in the
email I just sent out:  as long as one makes the necessary changes without
benefit to himself, previous combat rolls should stand.
    So again, please explain to me how Jim has benefitted.  If you can make
the case that he is in a better position now than he would have been if his
original orders had been legal, I'm sure all of us will concede that Jim
should re-roll.

kdh