J.J. Young on 14 Dec 2002 19:27:01 -0000

Re: [eia] couple more rules questions

I think "friendly-controlled" just means controlled by you or by another
non-enemy that gives you access to place a depot in a port that they
control.

As to the question of whether a depot can be placed in a port city and used
for sea supply regardless of whether the entire territory is controlled, I
would say that there are many circumstances in the game when an invader
creates a depot in one area of a larger territory which the defender still
controls.  The important thing is that the area where the depot is placed is
controlled by the invader (it must be, since a corps must be there to place
the depot).  I don't see any difference between this and the placement of a
sea supply depot in a port.

I think our lives will be much simpler if we assume that garrisons can
switch duties simulatneously.  Keeping track of exactly which possible duty
each garrison is fulfilling each turn will add another level of complexity
to our orders, but this can be done if others wish to do so.

-JJY