Michael Gorman on 13 Dec 2002 04:30:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Battle of the Sicilian straits

At 10:51 PM 12/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
The Russian III fleet of 27 ships is brought to battle by the British VI
fleet with 30 ships, the Spanish II fleet with 17 ships, and the Turkish I
fleet with 18 ships; a total of 65.  The crafty Russians gain the advantage
of the wind guage, inflicting 10% or 3 losses on the Coalition (1 ship from
each fleet).  However, superior numbers carry the day as the combined fleet
sinks 20% of 62 or 12 Russian ships.

The Russians must either retreat to the nearest French-controlled port
(assuming they have French permission), which would be Naples, or be
retreated one sea space by the victors.

Russia loses 1 PP, Britain, Spain, and Turkey all gain 1 PP.
We would have been crafty if we could have arranged the last four dice rolls we've made in any other order. Currently we craftily made sure that we found the single worst combination of events possible.

We'll be taking the retreat one sea space option. So nudge us wherever and I think that will end the naval phase.

Mike