Kyle H on 12 Dec 2002 15:49:01 -0000

[eia] other map oddities

    Has anyone noticed how the Cyberboard map also seems to place St. Petersburg in a little sea zone all its own?  (BTW, there is no indication of that tiny sea zone on the real map.) Yet, the St. Petersburg blockade box's position (i.e. straddling the sea zone line) indicates that St. Petersburg also borders the sea zone that is adjacent to Sveaborg.  So what's the point of the tiny sea zone?  If I can get to St. Petersburg harbor directly via the sea zone off Sveaborg, why would I ever use the tiny little sea zone that has been created off St. Petersburg?  I would just chalk it up to a mistake made by the map designer, but I've seen that little sea zone on other home-made maps as well.  <shrug>
    In any case, I just wanted to point out for the record that that little sea zone to St. Petersburg does not exist on the real EIA map in case it should ever come up.

kdh
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: [eia] non-Mediterranean British naval orders, 6/05

At 11:54 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
I fleet (w/Blake and Spanish I corps):  London ---> sea space off Abo/Riga/Stockholm

Was there a typo on the map as far as the location of the London blockade box?  I seem to recall something about that early on in the game.  If not, I don't see how the fleet at London can reach its destination in 6 moves.

Mike