Michael Gorman on 2 Dec 2002 22:12:02 -0000

Re: [eia] Russian Pursuit and forces

At 02:59 PM 12/2/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> At 08:40 PM 12/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >

> >Dice rolls requested by: Michael Gorman <mpgorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Rolls also sent to:
> >     eia@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> ># Russian Pursuit Roll
> ># Russian Forces are : 1st, 2nd and 3rd corps, 1st Cav Corps and one cossack
> ># Total Russian forces are 27I, 8C and 1 Ck
> ># Pursuit class is 6
> >
> >No. of sides on every die:      6
> >No. of dice for every roll:     1
> >No. of dice rolls requested:    1
> >No. of rolls per line:          1
> >
> >       1
>          So, the Turks lose 6I and 1C in the attack, and then suffer one
> pursuit loss, which must be 3I and there is no more Turkish cavalry
> present.  That should put total losses at 9I and 1C which I suspect will
> mean the end of the Macedonia corps but the rascally Pechlivan Khan escapes.
>          The Russian losses are 1 infantry factor
>
> Mike

I count only 5 casualties in combat (0.15 * 36), plus 1 pursuit loss. So
that's 4I, 1C from combat, plus 3I from pursuit. The two corps retreat to
Philippopolis, as it brings them closer to Constantinople.
A modified 7 on the 4-2 column is 20% casualties, not 15%. It's also only 2.8 morale loss so I'm thinking you switched casualties and morale on the chart. The clear space to the NE is closer to Constantinople and I'd rather send them there anyhow. So, that will be there destination as I get to pick the final spot.

Mike