Kyle H on 24 Nov 2002 17:37:02 -0000

Re: [eia] second rules question

I suggested:

- In the event that Country A is using Combined Movement with Country B, Country A and Country B should be treated as if they were the same country as far as ownership of depots and national capitals is concerned.  (So Country A could be retreated to Country B's depot/capital rather than being retreated in some awkward direction.)

Then Mike wrote:
        This rule is implied in:
7.5.2.10.3.1: All retreats must be into an adjacent land area that is closest (any closest area, if several qualify equally) to the nearest depot of any nationality in force, or if none is on the map, towards that force's nearest controlled national capital city.
Since multinational forces retreat to an appropriate spot for any of the nationalities, a group of combined movement forces could all be considered multinational even if some of the nations are not present in the stack.

Now me again:
    Thanks for pointing out what the rules say about combined multinational forces.  I'm glad you agree that the same spirit should apply even when forces from multiple countries don't in fact occupy the same space.  I think we are in agreement on this point.

kdh