Joel Uckelman on 16 Nov 2002 17:37:02 -0000

Re: [eia] Movement Question

Thus spake jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> In the March political phase, Spain said:
>
> "Spains offers GB, Austria, and Prussia access to move troops through Spain"
>
> So the question is, since Spain granted Austria access through what was at th
> at
> time all Spanish-controlled territory, does this carry over to the new piece
> of
> territory Spain has acquired since then ?  Would anyone strongly object to th
> is
> interpretation ?
>
> Also, should a major power which gains new territories have the opportunity t
> define the access to that territory _at the time it is acquired_, or does
> bureaucratic red tape hold up this process until the next political phase.
>
> -JJY

10.3 doesn't seem to specify *when* access is granted, nor can I find it
anywhere else. Have we been doing it in the Political Phase out of
convenience? If not, I don't see the rule that limits access declarations
to any particular phase. In that case, I think we should allow Spain the
decision this time, and in future be more explicit when granting access.

--
J.