Michael Gorman on 29 Sep 2002 04:38:03 -0000

Re: [eia] EIA computer game!

At 06:05 PM 9/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Thus spake "Kyle H":

>     Hi guys.  I just found this site for an upcoming =
> commercially-produced EIA computer game!  I haven't explored much yet, =
> but the idea is intriguing...  Of course, now that we have our own =
> home-made version of the game, it would have to offer some pretty nifty =
> bells and whistles to make me want to shell out $50 or $60.  But who =
> knows, maybe it will.  Either way, it's nice to see someone developing =
> interest in our beloved game.
>
> kdh
>
> P.S.  Oh yeah, here's the link: =
> http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/NapoleonicWars/features.asp

The monthly turns contain a "variable number of impulses" and "all
movement is simultaneous". This doesn't sound much like the game we're
playing.
I believe I met the guys making this one. It is one of several games coming out that was inspired by EinA, but they weren't trying to make an exact copy of EinA. One of the big differences he mentioned was also that the combat would include some tactical level control beyond just choose a chit. It might turn out to be a really good game, but I don't think it is EinA online.

Mike