Michael Gorman on 14 Aug 2002 05:08:02 -0000

Re: [eia] EiA

At 08:37 PM 8/13/2002 -0400, you wrote:
    Hmmm.  Let's see.  We started this game in June 2002, and it is now
August 2002.  The game started in January 1805, and it is now March 1805.
Unfortunately, it looks like there's not much difference between a game
month and a real month.  :-(
    If anyone has a strategy for speeding things up, I'm all ears.

kdh

I have one! No one is allowed to have anything important to do outside of playing this game. :)

I suspect we'll have sporadic slow downs where someone just gets really busy and things drag. Then we'll have faster times when things don't. I'll be out of town the rest of this week, but am likely to have good internet access so I hope to be able to hop in with political orders if things settle down for Joel and Jason and they get time to figure out where to spend their EinA bucks. In other news, there looks to be a potential computer game coming out sometime end of this year, they said they wanted to make it for Christmas, based on EinA. I talked to the lead programmer on it and they are into the debugging of the AI and sprucing up the graphics. What they had running as a work in progress already had a nice looking map and decent unit graphics, so it should look pretty nice spruced up. The combat is supposed to give a little more tactical control than EinA but I didn't get a chance to see it. It sounds like they're making it with an eye to multiplayer games via email so I'm guessing they'll only make an okay AI at best. I have the guys business card someplace so I can give a site to people when I get back and have time to figure out which bag I stuck it in.

Mike