J.J. Young on 30 Jul 2002 14:10:03 -0000

[eia] Games are supposed to be fun

Kyle and Mike,
    If the current rules dispute is now to become heated and personal, I am no longer interested in recieving emails about it.  Please make use of private channels rather than the eia list, or find some other way to leave me out.  I for one will simply vote on my preference.  My suggestion to anyone else who wants to put this behind us is to do the same.

BTW, I am assuming here that my interpretations of the 2 alternate plans were correct, since they were left uncommented upon.

Although Kyle's plan has the simplicity of looking at the map and knowing whether or not there is a siege, I do have a slight preference for Mike's plan, which I think more closely conforms to the rules as written, but with the following caveats:

1.)  A defender in a city should be able to build a sea supply depot there whether the attacker outside is laying siege or not.

2.)  All or none of the attacking corps that end up surrounding a city must lay siege to that city.