J.J. Young on 28 Jul 2002 18:56:03 -0000

Re: [eia] 3/05 Austria land phase

>          I think the decision is placed on the attacker to determine if
> their force will deploy into an area in such a way that they will be able
> to lay siege to an enemy force.  If they decide to arrive unprepared to
lay
> siege, then if the defender retires into the city, they aren't placed
> properly within the area to besiege them.  In the defender's next turn,
> they're stuck in the city unless they want to move out and attack the
> forces in the area and if they do not, then the corps that entered last
> turn can choose to just bypass them and keep moving without being forced
> make difficult forage rolls or use depot supply or they can remain and
> start a siege.  The advantage being that they could build a depot in the
> area of the city and then start the siege at low depot costs if they can
> wait to begin the siege for one turn.

My only problem with this is, what if the defender's turn comes after the
attacker's, what is the situation of the unbesiged but surrounded corps in
the city with regards to supply, forage, and movement ?  See my proposed
house rule for a possible solution.

-JJY