Joel Uckelman on 28 Jul 2002 18:56:02 -0000

Re: [eia] 3/05 Austria land phase

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     Hold it.  I thought we had just finished a conversation in which we all
> agreed that the spirit of our House Rules was violated by requiring
> retirement decisions in the middle of another player's land phase.  Now
> maybe JJ's and Everett's emails indicate that they wish to revisit that
> decision.  So be it.  But here are the rules I thought we had just agreed
> to:
>
> When a player is moving during their land phase:
>     -they must stop whenever they enter a space containing an enemy corps
> (contrary to the written rules).

I must not have noticed when this particular point was discussed. If the
enemy retires into a city, they're no longer an obstruction to movement, and
so the attacker should be able to pass by if he so chooses. I'm in favor of
sticking with the rules as written on this one.