Michael Gorman on 28 Jul 2002 18:09:01 -0000

Re: [eia] 3/05 Austria land phase

At 12:55 PM 7/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Then we should also wait on our foraging roll until after the defender
decides to enter the city or not.  For example:

1 C corps: Salzburg => Turnin (5-, or 4- if enemy retires)

Knowing if that the forage roll comes up a 5 may affect the defender's
choice.  This could be even more of a difference if the foraging corp in
question has more than 1 unused movement left.

-Everett
I thought the rules made it very clear that you cannot wait, You have to decide if your corps will be able to lay siege at the end of each unit's movement and before the defender decides if they will retire into the city. In this case, Everett would have three corps eligible to lay siege and four corps eligible for a field battle.

Mike