J.J. Young on 28 Jul 2002 16:56:02 -0000

Re: [eia] economic phase question

Well, I definitely think the rest of the economic phase should be private; I was only asking about loans.  So given that choice, I think all economic matters should be private.

-JJY

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle H
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: [eia] economic phase question

    In our past games, loans - like all other economic details - have been private matters between the loaner and the loanee.  I don't see any reason to change that interpretation, unless we decide that we prefer open economics more generally.  That is, if we would all feel comfortable making our economic phase decisions publicly available, so that there is external accountability, that would be fine by me.  But in the past, we have always left it up to each player's honor and diligence to ensure that everything is taken care of correctly.  (Of course, those who have questions, like JJ did, are encouraged to ask.)
    So the essence of my response is:  if economic phases are private, then loans should be private; if economic phases are public, then loans should be public.

kdh