Michael Gorman on 12 Jul 2002 04:45:09 -0000

Re: [eia] Spanish Naval

At 11:38 PM 7/11/02 -0400, you wrote:
Yeah, I assumed that since a defeated fleet could retreat to the closest
port of an ally, and since no prior access seemed to be required for this, a
precedent was set for the term "permission" to enter a port being freer and
easier than "access" to move land forces through another major power's
territory.

-JJY
Fleets can't take over your city if they enter under false pretenses so I would imagine it would be easier to arrange docking rights.