Michael Gorman on 12 Jul 2002 00:45:05 -0000

Re: [eia] Austria's Land Phase {foraging}

At 07:52 PM 7/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
This is my opinion:
    Rule # 7.4.1.2.5 states "if the corps did not into an ares
outside THE MAJOR POWER'S TERRITORY this turn".  It does not
specify "home territory".  I believe any minor state conquered by
me is my territory.  So,I feel troops foraging in your conquered
minor territories get the +1 bonus

While my desire is for the rule to only apply within your home nations provinces, I highly doubt any Israeli units get foraging bonuses in the West Bank even though they conquered it decades ago, that reading would also mean that you could not build depots in conquered areas or even free states without having a corps there to do it. As that makes no sense, I'll have to agree that home nation does extend to conquered areas for foraging purposes. I would also have to believe that minor nation units would get that bonus since they are a part of the major nation.
Mike