Joel Uckelman on 7 Jul 2002 20:39:05 -0000

Re: [eia] France's land phase orders

Thus spake "Everett E. Proctor":

> > * - These values assume that Austria burns the depot at Mantua.
>
> The way I read 7.3.6.2, you cannot use the Depot if I have a garrison
> there even if I choose not to burn it and loose the combat: "but not
> used for supply this major power's sequence".
>
> Also, is it true that I cannot burn the garrison there even if I had a
> corp in the area, but had no depot garrison?
>
> Also, does 7.3.6.1 apply even if I have a corp in the same region, but
> no garrison?  In other words, if I did not have that garrison, could you
> have destroyed it and use it for forage even though I have a corp in the
> area?
>
> Regardless, I am burning the depot, but I would like these questions
> answered if anyone could help.

The way I read 7.3.6.1 and 7.3.6.2, I think the only time an enemy depot can
be used for supply is when it is left undefended, only garrisons can
destroy their own depots, and 7.5.2.14 applies when corps are defending a
depot. So: Yes. Yes. No.

--
J.