Joel Uckelman on 6 Jul 2002 00:30:08 -0000

Re: [eia] ignore the first Papacy escrow message

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     Yes, JJ (and others), please do reply to the escrow with your decision
> about whether to take control of Papacy and Egypt.
>
> kdh

Oops. I thought only Austria and France needed to be be polled this time,
so that's what I set it up for. Spain and I have already declared interest
in controlling the Papal States, and Spain in Egypt. By my reading of the
rules, determining control of minors happens before DoWs on minors are
resolved---I suppose it is conceivable that who gained control of a minor
might impact whether a power backed down or pressed on in the event of a
multiple DoWs. In any case, we should be able to determine control openly
like before, since it's done by competitive die rolls and affects no other
aspect of the game.