Kyle H on 20 Jun 2002 00:30:03 -0000

[eia] France's minor country setup + naval phase orders.

> >Prussia has zero interest in controlling any minor countries.

    Ok, then it looks like it is just JJ and me.  France gains temporary
control of Bavaria, Denmark, Duchies, Mecklenberg, Naples, and Romagna
(gaining 8 political points), and GB gains temporary control of Baden, Berg,
Hesse, Portugal, Tuscany, and Wurttemburg (gaining 6 political points).
After JJ and I complete our respective minor country setups, the naval phase
will officially be under way.

Here are France's setup orders:

    Bavaria - Bavaria corps w/ 11 inf. and 2 cav. in Munich,
    Denmark - Denmark corps w/ 4 inf. and 1 cav. in Hamburg, Denmark fleet
w/ 19 ships in port at Hamburg, 1 Danish inf. in Christiana, and 1 Danish
inf. in Copenhagen.
    Naples - Naples corps w/ 6 inf. and 2 cav. in Naples, Naples fleet w/ 5
ships in port at Naples, 1 Neapolitan inf. in Taranto, and 1 Neapolitan inf.
in Palermo.

    Since GB's minor country setup and Turkey's naval phase cannot affect my
naval orders, and since JJ has declared that GB will go last in the naval
phase, I guess there's no reason not to send out my naval orders right now.

Holland F holds at Amsterdam.
1st F holds at St. Malo.
2nd F holds at Lorient.
3rd F (Toulon) => Genoa.
4th F holds at Genoa.
Denmark F [transporting Danish corps] (Hamburg) => London (attacking the
British 1st F).
Naples F (Naples) => Gibralter (attacking the British 6th and 7th F).

kdh

P.S. In the course of writing these orders I have noticed two errors on the
Cyberboard EIA map which should be brought to everyone's attention.  The
Cyberboard map omits the forage value for the land area containing Naples.
It should be "4".  The Cyberboard map also incorrectly indicates that the
port of London borders only the English Channel sea space.  In fact, on the
real EIA map, the port of London borders 2 sea spaces.  Needless to say, the
Danish fleet is *not* entering the English Channel sea space in the course
of its attack.