Kyle H on 5 Jun 2002 01:38:27 -0000

[eia] Economic manipulation

    Hi guys.  I just discovered that I previously had a misconception about
economic manipulation.  Since I have helped to teach some of you the rules,
I wanted to make my misconception a matter of public record just in case I
may have told some people the wrong thing in the past.
    I used to think that when one sets economic manipulation, one pays the
cost in money or manpower immediately and only receives the political point
adjustment 3 months later (in the next economic phase).  However, I just
read that *everything* relating to economic manipulation takes place 3
months later.  So, for example, if you set economic manipulation that gives
you +1 political points for a cost of -8 manpower points, *neither* of those
effects take place immediately.  Both effects take place in the subsequent
economic phase 3 months later.
    I don't know why I had the misconception I did.  The wording is pretty
clear.  (See 12.5.2 for more info.)  Just wanted to clear up any
confusion...

kdh